Created in partnership with The Butter Half. See the original here.
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup bare Apple Chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 apples
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together oats, sugar, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, salt, bare Apple Chips, and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- Use an apple core utensil to remove cores from apples. Place in a square baking dish. Tightly pack filling into each apple core.
- Pour one cup of water into the bottom of the dish. Loosely cover dish with foil, and bake on 375°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil. Add 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil to the top of each apple. Bake for another 25 minutes until apples are soft, and filling is bubbling. Serve while warm with coconut cream if desired. Enjoy!
Huge thanks to The Butter Half for this delicious recipe!